Work & Life Coaching
What is Coaching?
Coaching starts with an action-oriented partnership of us working together. But first, you need to get through the door — or the videoconferencing window. You feel stuck. Confused. Can’t get out of the red zone. Beating yourself up. Ruminating. Stalled out.
Coaching Clients Receive These Benefits
- Accessing your calming response more readily
- Framing up a stressful situation with a bigger picture view
- Meeting your emotions and thoughts with acceptance
- Reducing habits and behaviors that add to your confusion and stress
- Naming your choices and making better decisions for life
- Substituting that badgering inner critic with an amiable inner friend
- Gaining more confidence through your embodied wisdom
- Setting clearer invisible boundaries
- Knowing and using more tools to evoke your joy and happiness
When Do People Seek Coaching?
When life or work gets overwhelming, it’s a relief to tease out a situation with a coach. Perhaps you are wading through a difficult job, trying to negotiate a challenging relationship, seeking more emotional balance in the midst of anxiety or loss, learning to set boundaries with family or staff, or trying on a life transition (e.g., new job, retirement, disease).
I use an attachment-based, neurobiological approach in coaching that clarifies your body, heart, and mind. We trust your direct experience, your embodied wisdom, and basic goodness to move you forward. Through the practice and use of user-friendly tools and resources, we grow your inner resilience together.
How Does It Work?
Coaching sessions offer active listening and nurturing inquiry, exercises and inventories to gain clarity, guided visualizations and meditations, and simple tools to better access and grow your inner resilience.
Strategies are customized and specific. They might include:
- Journaling about an old, subconscious belief around money, food, work
- Practicing emotional grounding through your breath and body
- Contrasting the responses of your Inner Critic and Inner Friend
- Designing your Dream Calendar
- Practicing active and mindful meditation
- Building a plan to confront a self-defeating habit such as over-working or over-spending
- Coloring the somatotopic map and naming the messages of your emotions
- Using simple self-compassion practices
- Building a personalized Playbook of Sressors and Resilience Tools
Typically, we start together to see if coaching is the right fit for you. If it is, sessions are scheduled every 2 weeks along with a little homework as social, emotional, and behavioral learning takes practice over time. Together we build your skills for life. Rates are for a 75-minute session and an email follow-up of session highlights and homework.
Where Do We Meet?
We meet face-to-face at 1060 East End Road in Homer, Alaska or via videoconferencing (FaceTime or Zoom) or telephone.