What is Coaching?
Coaching starts with an action-oriented partnership of us working together. But first, you need to get through the door — or the videoconferencing window to meet with me. If you feel stuck. Confused. Can’t get out of the red zone. Beating yourself up. Looking for more meaning. Or calm. Give me a call.
When Do People Seek Coaching?
When life or work gets overwhelming, it’s a relief to tease out a situation with a coach. Perhaps you are wading through a difficult job, trying to negotiate a contentious relationship, suffering a deep loss, seeking more emotional balance in the midst of stress or malaise, wanting stronger leadership skills, or working with a life transition (e.g., new job, retirement, disease).
I use a neurobiologically-informed, empathic approach in coaching. We set goals together. We trust your direct experience, your embodied wisdom, and basic goodness to move you forward. I believe that every human yearns for more wholeness.
How Does It Work?
Coaching sessions offer active listening and nurturing inquiry, inventories to gain clarity about you, visualizations and meditations, and simple tools to better access and grow your embodied wisdom. Strategies are customized and specific because after all, life isn’t a one-size-fits-all.
Typically, we start together to see if coaching is the right fit for you. If it is, sessions are scheduled every 2 weeks along with homework. There’s always homework. Social, emotional, and behavioral learning takes practice over time. Together we build your skills for life and work. Rates are for a 75-minute session and an email follow-up of session highlights and homework. For more information, email Susie.
Your Human Wholeness Comes Alive
- Gain more access to your calm, alert, kindred, and engaged neurological network
- Clarify your ‘what is,’ what you want, and plan action
- Befriend and show up for unpleasant emotions
- Communicate more clearly in a troubling relationship
- Welcome all of your parts, even the difficult ones
- Build up your inner trust and confidence
- Set wholesome boundaries and habits for yourself
- More mindfully and strategically lead an organization, team, or yourself